Hey divas! Hope you are having a great day. Everyone is talking about the new 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Polish launched by wet n wild recently. So, I had to get it and more than that I’m a crazy fan of wet n wild nail polishes because of the price and pretty colors. I got the shade pretty peas from the wonder gel line which is a beautiful mint green color.
Wet n wild have impressive claims on 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color on their website. Such as first gel formula that doesn’t require a top coat, no UV light required, provides up to two weeks of wear and no harsh removal. 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Polish is 3-free formula which means it doesn’t have Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates. I admire polishes which don’t have harmful chemicals!
- Pigmentation: As far as pigmentation is concerned, it’s just fine. I was expecting it to be bit more pigmented. I needed three coats to get it this opaque.
- Formula: Like I mentioned above wet n wild 1 Step Wonder Gel line has 3-free formula, no Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates. Consistency is good for a gel polish. How ever it was streaky in first two coats. Third layer did make it streak free and opaque.Removal was easy like any other normal nail polish.
It surely dries with out any UV light, three coats took me around fifteen minutes to dry. Then again I noticed small bubbles on my nails. I’m not sure if I got a bad bottle or all the shades are like this. If any of you have experienced the same, let me know in the comments below.
- Finish: The name itself describe the finish and it does give gel-like finish and shine. I didn’t add any top coat just to see the original shine and wear.
- Staying Power: According to Wet n Wild website, it has up to two weeks of shine and color. For me, it was good for four days. Maybe with base coat and top coat, the wear time can be longer.
- Where to Buy: I have seen wonder gel shades in Rite Aid, Walgreens. It is available in Wet n Wild website and Walmart website. Each shade retails for $4.99. I got mine from Walgreens with a coupon of $1 off. You can get it on eBay or Amazon too!
Have you tried Wet n wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Polish! How did it work for you? Share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.