Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was overall good, didn’t do anything exciting but yeah, time well spent. I have always wanted to try the OPI Nail Polish Hawaii Collection. But many colors from the collection I already have from different brands, so didn’t want to spend money buying the same colors again. However when I saw Pineapples Have Peelings Too in the bottle, it looked different and unique. My husband liked the color and glitters too. So I picked this shade from Sally Beauty as I had a $5 coupon with me.
OPI always does a nice job in naming polishes. Pineapples Have Peelings Too, whoever came up with the name must have put in lot of effort and humor. To be honest, I like the name of it. This is a frosty gold base polish with multi-size and multicolor glitter flakes. Let’s dig into the details of this polish.
- Pigmentation: This is a fairly pigmented nail polish. Just in two layers it reaches the opacity. In the above picture I have two coats on my nails. The idea of gold base and multicolor glitters is a good one but it just didn’t impress me much.
- Formula: It has nice formula though. You get enough time to work it on your nails with the thin consistency. Having said that it also have little bit of texture with the glitters blended in it. Application is smooth, however not even. some nails, it spreads the glitter nicely and on other nails just don’t get the glitter placement evenly.
- Finish:Once it was on my the nails, I felt a bit disappointment. The wow feeling by seeing the polish bottle was replaced by something else. I did not like how it looked on my nails. Maybe I had some extra expectation or something. The gold base of the polish hides the colorful glitters. The gold base is really overwhelming and takes away the shine of other glitters. It feels little rough on nails too.
- Staying power: I did not want to keep it for a long time as I did not like the way it showed up on my nails but just to see the longevity of the product I let it stay for some days. On the 5th day there was little wear off around the tip area and I removed it.
- Where to buy:OPI polishes are available in most of the drug stores and retail stores in US. Price varies in different stores. I haven’t seen OPI polishes in Rite Aid though. You can get it in CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Sally Beauty, ULTA, Macys and many other stores.
But I feel that in eBay and Amazon, you can get OPI polishes in cheap and less price. Normally I buy my nail polishes from ebay or amazon with cheap deals. Even though I didn’t like the polish much but If you want you can give it a try.
My final thought on Pineapples Have Peelings Too – I don’t like it enough. When I got this polish I had certain expectations and it just didn’t seem to be what I thought. Have you tried this polish? How do you like it. Share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.