Hey everyone! How are you doing. I don’t have much luxury nail polish brands in my collection. Honestly, I feel buying luxury brands is waste of money. Guess, I need to change my perspective! Few months back I saw a swatch of NARS Purple Rain in Pinterest. Felt like I want it, even if it costs $$. Took a short shopping trip to Sephora. Mostly to swatch it on my nails and I loved the gothic vibe. NARS Purple Rain is a rich dark purple shade filled with micro red shimmers. I have two coats in the swatch images below.
- Pigmentation: NARS Purple Rain has incredible pigmentation. You can be done with one coat with perfect application. I’m not much of a perfectionist in polish application. Hence, the swatch images have two coats.
- Formula: With the first swipe on my nails, I said “Wow”. Applies like a dream. It has the perfect consistency and streak free application. It is free of toluene and formaldehyde.
- Finish: It doesn’t have high gloss finish. More like a semi-matte finish and shimmers are not much visible to bare eyes. But, just add a shiny top coat and see how gorgeous it looks. I topped it with Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat. It is pretty on its own too. But I prefer the glossy finish with a top coat. Lighting brings out the beautiful shimmers to life.
- Staying power: When you pay so much for a nail polish, expectations are really high. NARS nail polish fulfills all of it. I wore this shade multiple times. With and without Top Coat. It stays for one and a half week without Top Coat and with Top Coat, I wore it more than two weeks with very minimal chipping. I have a small baby and my hands are always busy keeping the house clean. Still it stayed this long. (I did apply base coat before this polish)
- Where to buy: NARS Nail Polish retails for $20 in Sephora, Nordstrom and NARS website. You can get less expensive deals on Amazon.com . I got from Amazon for $14 with free shipping.
I feel This NARS polish is worth the money spent. I can’t wait to try more shades from the brand. How do you like this polish? Share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.