Hey everyone! Hope you’re having a great day! Black Polish is not a usual color to wear but It’s most used on Halloween. I know, Halloween is far far away but nothing wrong is getting prepared early! Today’s swatch is of Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish, Onyx Rush! It’s a jet black shade with subtle shine!
- Pigmentation: Like most maybelline color show polishes, it gives good coverage in two coats. First layer applies patchy. I thought it would be a big let down, but second coat did smooth it out! I have two coats in the swatch images.
- Formula: It’s a polish with thick consistency and that makes the application not so comfortable. As I said above, It’s goes on patchy with first layer and second layer is a bit of struggle. It certainly needs careful application and takes much time to dry.
- Finish: It’s a plain black polish. Have subtle shine! You can add a shiny top coat to pump it up. I topped it with Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat and it looks way better with a top coat!
- Staying Power: With not so good formula, you can guess how long it stayed put! There was some chipping the following day and I did a glitter ombre to hide it 🙂
- Where to buy: Maybelline color show nail polishes are available in all the drug stores and retail stores such as Walmart, Target. If you can’t find this shade in the store, you can check Amazon or eBay.
What do you think about this Maybelline Color Show Black Nail Polish? Do you wear black polish on a casual day? Let me know in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.