Hey everyone. Hope you are having a fun day. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you probably know about my craze for Loreal textured nail polishes from their gold dust collection. I realized there’s one shade of the collection, I haven’t tried yet. The shade is Diamond in the rough. It’s a gorgeous lavender textured glitter polish with monochromatic glitters. Such a feminine color! So here it is, stunning swatches of Diamond in the Rough from the Loreal Gold dust collection.
- Pigmentation: This polish have Incredible pigmentation. It covers well with single layer. But two coat brings out the intensity of this shade. I would suggest two medium layers of this shade for ultimate coverage. I have two coats in the swatch images.
- Formula: With such jam-packed glitter, you would think, application might not be smooth. But it’s not the case with this polish. It glides like a dream even with the thick consistency and covers evenly every part of your nail. It seems magical, the way it applies. Absolute comfort!
- Finish: It’s amazing, how it goes on smooth and shiny, then sets into a semi-matte finish. Which does not take away the sparkly shine in any way! Like some type of fairy magic! Love the subtle pink flash this polish have. It’s the perfect color blend for me. It feels sandy texture to the touch. If you don’t like rough touch on your nails, then you might want to skip this or you can smooth it out with top coat!
- Staying Power: in comparison to other gold dust shade I have tried, this is not so long lasting like others. It stayed put for four days where as other shades stayed well somewhere between a week to one and a half week. With this shade there was little wear off around the edges. It’s actually easy to fix it as it’s a textured polish and you won’t notice the patch line if you attempt to cover the wear off!
- Where to buy: L’Oreal Nail Polishes are available in almost all the drugstores and retail stores in US such as Walmart, Target etc. Price vary according to stores. However, when I went searching for this shade, I couldn’t find the L’oreal Gold Dust collection in most of the stores. Not sure if it’s discontinued. I had to get if online from Amazon. If you don’t find it in stores, you can definitely buy it online. eBay always have good deals too!
How do you like this stunning textured glitter polish from L’oreal? Share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you. If you love Nail Art, don’t forget to check the Nail Art section for cute easy nail art designs. For more Nail Polish Swatches see my Nail Polish Swatches section.