Hey everyone! How are you all doing today! I’m really enjoying the rainy weather here today. A little relief from the hot summer! If you have been following my Nail Polish Swatches, you might already know, I’m totally hooked to Loreal Gold Dust Collection nail polishes. Today, I have The Statement Piece from the same line. This polish is one of my favorite from all the Loreal nail polish colors.
I have always wanted a champagne color nail polish in my collection and that wish is fulfilled with The Statement Piece nail polish from Loreal. This is such an interesting color.I can not categorize it under a single color. It is a lovely champagne gold polish with semi-matte finish and looks like a mix of silver and gold too. This shade certainly have more gold tone to it than silver. It’s a nice combination of fine pale gold glitters and some small size round glitters. All I can say is this is an unique color with texture. All the shades from Gold Dust Collection are textured nail polishes.
- Pigmentation: The Statement Piece is very well pigmented. Some glitter polishes, looks nice in the bottle but you need to layer it multiple times to get the intensity. This is not the case with this polish. With a single layer it displays opacity. The color is as pigmented as it looks in the bottle. Out of habit, I applied two thin layers. In the swatches, I have two coats on my nails.
- Formula: It has nice formula that helps the polish glide on smoothly on the nails with a glossy shine and sets into semi matte finish once it dries. It dries pretty quickly, which I expect in most polishes.
- Finish: Gold Dust Collection are textured nail polishes and this color particularly with matte-textured finish is very appealing. Even if it sets into some what matte finish, the glitters still shines through.
- Staying power: On L’Oreal website it’s described as 10-Day Wear. With other shades from this collection, stayed well for almost one and a half week. But this polish was good for a week, on the seventh day, I noticed little wear off on one of my finger nails but I did not see any chipping. I removed it then after to try on other polishes.
- Where to buy: L’Oreal Nail Polishes are available in almost all the drugstores and retail stores in US. Price vary to store to store. I bought some of the shades from Amazon as I got a cheap deal. You can buy it from eBay also with good deals. I generally buy polishes from eBay or Amazon.
I really liked this polish. It’s not a screaming gold nail polish but a soft gold color. It definitely adds a statement to your personality. Many asked me about this polish, when it was on my nails. One of my friend, she just rushed to the store to get this polish after seeing it on my nails. Highly recommend Loreal The Statement Piece Nail Polish. The packaging is so chick with the gold top. I’m all over with this polish.
Do you have this polish in your collection or if you have any other shade from the Loreal Gold Dust line? What do you think about this color?Share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.