Hey everyone. Hope you all are having an awesome weekend. My fun for today is over. So I thought of sharing my experience and opinion about Essie Nail Polish hors d’oeuvres. I have read mixed opinion about this polish. Some absolutely love this and some don’t. I’m a glitter girl. I easily get attracted where ever I see bling. I have had this nail polish for quite a long time. So get to know more about this Essie Glitter Nail Polish through me!
Hors d’oeuvres is a shade from Essie’s Holiday 2013 Encrusted Treasures Collection.In the bottle it looks more like a silver glitter nail polish. But when you apply it on your nails, the golden base color is very prominent. In Essie’s website, it’s described as a platinum gold with iridescent silver glitter polish. When I applied the first layer of polish on my nails, I felt bit disappointing as the color and glitter effect didn’t show much the way it is visible in the polish. But when you start layering the polish, the beautiful effect will win you over. It is a textured glitter polish with champagne gold base and chunky silver glitters. The color and shine of the polish changes in different lighting.
- Pigmentation: In spite of being a textured polish, the pigmentation is not very good. You need to apply two to three layers to see the beautiful color and effect. I have three coats on my nails.
- Formula: The formula is very sheer and of thin consistency. So it will look gorgeous if you layer it on another polish. If you want to see the magical effect of this polish on its own, keep building it till it shows its original color.
- Finish: The finish of this polish is Gorgeous. It gives a metallic shine with textured finish. If you are not a person of textured polishes, seal it with a top coat to get smooth finish.
- Staying power: It stayed put for two weeks on my nails. But I did apply top coat over it and did a nail art using this polish as the base color. As it has chunky glitters, if you will not seal it with a top coat, it may get stuck in the hair or fabric and start to wear off. Removing this Polish was a headache. With many layers of glitter, It gives you hard time removing it.
- Where to buy: Essie polishes are widely available in US. You can find Essie polishes on all the drug stores and major retail stores. You can get it online from Amazon.com
I’m so much in love with this Nail Polish. If you don’t want to put much effort in your manicure but want gorgeous looking nails, then this is the polish. Say it about New Year, Birthday, Christmas, Prom or any other holiday. As it is a part of Essie’s holiday collection, it surely gives the festive look to your nails.
Amazon is a place where you can really get stuff for less price. Different seller list the items in different prices. So you can pick a price most suitable for you. So Buy it here !
What you think about this Essie Glitter Polish, share your thoughts in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you. If you love Nail Art, don’t forget to check the Nail Art section for cute easy nail art designs.