Hey everyone! How are you all doing! Summer is about bright and shiny colors. I was looking for some bright colors and came across this pretty neon green polish in Sally Beauty. I’m not much of a neon person but this China Glaze nail polish In The Lime Light caught my eye and I had to get it. Such a gorgeous green polish with blue undertone. It sets into somewhat matte finish after it dries and it pops so bright on the nail. Below are some swatches of In The Lime Light by China Glaze.
- Pigmentation: This bright neon polish is nicely pigmented but not enough for a single coat application. Two coats of it makes the polish nicely opaque. I have two coats on my nails.
- Formula: The formula of In The Lime light is something that doesn’t please me at all. It dries so quick that you don’t get enough time to work it on the nails. Consistency is just fine but the formula makes the application very much uncomfortable.
- Finish: Once it is dry, it sets into a satiny matte finish. However, In the bottle, it does not look like a matte polish. If you want it to be shiny, layer it with a High Shine Top Coat.
- Staying power: Well, what can I say about staying power of this polish. I have never seen any polish chipping so bad and so fast. It didn’t even last a day. Just after about 13 hours, it chipped from the tips. I got more surprised when I noticed cracks. So wear time is not even a day.
- Where to buy: You can buy China Glaze Polishes at ULTA, Sally Beauty and some Rite Aid stores carry China Glaze polishes. You can get it on China Glaze official website too. Amazon or eBay are always an option to buy polishes for cheap. Sally Beauty has sample size china glaze polishes. I got the 9.6 ml bottle for $2.99. They have a more smaller size for around two dollars. I can not recall the quantity but yeah, do check at Sally Beauty.
I like the color but won’t recommend because it just flakes off in hours. Do you have this nail polish? How did it stay on your nails? Let me know in the comment box below. I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.