Hey everyone, How are you all doing! I spotted this China Glaze neon Nail Polish, shade Flying Dragon in Sally Beauty. I loved the color and glitter mix and without any second thought bought it. It looks really pretty in the bottle but as you know sometimes pretty things can be deceiving! Flying dragon is a neon pinkish purple filled with blue and pink glitter shimmer. At least, it looks like so in the bottle. Below swatch is two coats of this polish. You can very well notice the difference, how it looks in the bottle and how it looks on nails.
The blue shimmer looks very prominent and shiny in the packaging. Sadly on nails, it just get mixed with the base purple color and loses its shine. I imagine how awesome it will look if the shimmers shines through!
- Pigmentation: Flying Dragon has nice pigmentation though. All you need is two layers to get the opacity.
- Formula: This polish looks shiny in the bottle but dries matte on the nails and kills all the shimmers. It dries pretty quick, I had to work fast on my nails.
- Finish: This China Glaze shade is a matte finish polish. Not shiny as it looks in the bottle. The shimmers looks more like tiny flakes with no shine at all on nails.
- Staying power: It’s not impressive in terms of longevity also. I had a layer of base coat polish underneath, still it chipped the next day.
- Where to buy: You can buy China Glaze Polishes at ULTA, Sally Beauty and some Rite Aid stores carry China Glaze polishes. You can get it on China Glaze official website too. China Glaze polishes are available on Amazon or eBay too in various shades and with good deals. Sally Beauty has sample size china glaze polishes which is a nice way to try out different shades without spending much.
You can try out Flying Dragon and may be you like it. I’m not impressed with the shade color and formula. What are your thoughts on this. Leave them in the comment box below.
I would be happy to hear from you 🙂
Check out my Nail Polish Swatches for more colorful polishes.